Parks & Pool
W.O. Riley Park
W.O. Riley Park is located at 540 Park Avenue and has the following amenities:
- Basketball Court
- Batting Cage
- Gazebo and Bench Seating Areas
- Jean Minton Fogle Nature Sanctuary
- Park Event Shelters
- Safari Club Aboretum
- Soccer Field
- Tennis Courts
- W.O. Riley Park Pool Facility
- Event Space & Covered Stage
Pool Hours & Rate Information
Check out our 2019 Swimming Pool Brochure (PDF)!
The Pool is open from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day and full-time hours are as follows:
- Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm; Sunday: 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- The pool opens at 1:00 on Thursday, May 23 when school is released. Admission will be half price as the pool will close at 5:00 pm that day due to the Central High School graduation ceremony occurring that evening.
- The pool will remain open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day (Monday, September 2).
- The pool will have regular operating hours on July 4 (11:00 am - 7:00 pm).
- When the school year begins on Monday, August 5, the pool will only be open during the week after school from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm and on the weekends (regular weekend hours)
- During the week of the Shenandoah County Fair (August 24 - August 31), the pool will be open from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, and 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm on Sunday.
- Lap Swim: Wednesday & Friday Morning, 6:30 - 8:00 am; Sunday 8:00 - 9:00 am
- Lap swim begins on Wednesday, June 5
- Open to all experience levels
- $5.00 per entry for those who do not have a season pass
- The pool is open on Woodstock ROCS concert nights until 9:00 pm! The Woodstock ROCS (Riley Outdoor Concert Series) is as follows:
- June 14 - The Seven Bends
- July 12 - Little Walter & The Convictions
- July 26 - The Instigators
- August 9 - Buds Collective
For more information on ALL of the Woodstock ROCS concert series, please check out our events page!
Daily Admission rates are as follows:
- Preschool (age 5 and under accompanied by an adult): $3
- School age (6-18 years of age): $4
- Adult (19 and over): $5
Season passes for the 2019 Pool Season are available to those individuals who frequent the pool! Please see more information about season passes for In-Town Residents (PDF) and Out-of-Town Residents (PDF).
Those who are interested in scheduling a pool party (PDF) may contact the manager on duty at (540) 459-3121. The entire pool can be rented from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Pool party rental is $175. The baby pool can also be rented from 9:00 am - 11:00 am and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Baby pool rental is $50.
In addition, the small covered shelter within the pool area can be reserved for small birthday parties or other celebrations during pool hours. All reservations shall be scheduled according to the Town of Woodstock's rules and procedures. Pool shelter rental (PDF) is $25.
2019 - Spring/Summer Season Swimming Lessons Registration: Swimming lesson registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis at the Woodstock Municipal Office or at the pool during operating hours.
Cost per student: $40 (Woodstock Resident)/$50 (Non-Resident)
Lesson Schedule: The swimming lesson schedule (PDF) has been posted for the 2019 spring/summer season! In order to have a speedy registration, please fill out the registration form (PDF) and have it ready when payment is made.
W.O. Riley Park Shelter Rentals
The Rotary Shelter and Ruritan Shelter are available to rent for the following times:
- 10:00 am to 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm to dusk: $25
- 10 am to dusk: $50
Please fill out the Park Shelter Reservation Form (PDF) and contact the Municipal Office as soon as possible to reserve a shelter for your event!
W.O. Riley Park Event Space & Stage Rental
W.O. Riley Park boasts a beautiful space to hold your wedding, play, fashion show, or other special event - the possibilities abound! You can rent the space for $100, from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm, or 4:00 pm to dusk.
W.O. Riley Park Revitalization Project
W.O. Riley Park was recently renovated (2014), featuring a great new playground (natural play area, outdoor "kid kitchen", slides, swings, climbing equipment, and more!), new restrooms, and a new event space. Come and check us out!!
Riverview Park is located at 326 French Woods Road and is home to two little league fields. There are two wooded trails that you can visit, with one overlooking the Shenandoah River. Some people have reported bald eagle sitings from this location.
Veterans Memorial Park
The Veterans Memorial Park is a mini park that is located on the corner of East High Street and South Main Street as a tribute to our veterans. Rest on a bench and enjoy the surrounding perennials and small trees.
Indian Spring Wetland
Indian Spring Wetland is located at 764 South Water Street. It is a special environmental area where citizens and visitors can quietly reflect on their thoughts from the observation deck and learn from the interpretive signage. Indian Spring Wetland is a community educational project, led by the Tree Board, with a master design that continues to evolve.
Find more information on the Indian Spring Wetland, including a fact sheet, teacher's guide, observation area, and concept plan.
Fairview Park is located on West North Street, next to I-81. There are 73.2 acres of land that are reserved for future recreational facilities and environmental areas. The Fairview Park Master Plan Steering Committee and Design Team created a master plan that was approved by the Town Council in 2008. Check out the Fairview Park Master Plan!
Fairview Dog Park
Fairview Dog Park was created in 2017 to provide a location for our furry friends and their owners. The park was an in-house design-build project that included a generous donation from the Woodstock Rotary for the park shelter. The park is located inside of the larger Fairview Park tract, at 716 West North Street. Dog Park rules include: - Use at your own risk; you are liable for your dog.
- Please use the play area that is appropriate for your dog's size/level.
- Please dispose of your dog's waste.
- Maximum 3 dogs per person.
- Dogs aged 6 months and older are allowed to ensure their safety.
- All dogs must have appropriate vaccines and dog tags.
- Dogs who bark incessantly or are aggressive shall be removed immediately.
- Dogs and owners creating a problem must leave when requested.
- Owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by their dogs.
- Children must be closely supervised at all times.
- Animal and human food are not permitted; training treats are permitted.
- Parks hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Never leave a dog unattended.
- No dogs in heat.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for filling holes dug by their dog.
- Professional dog training is not allowed without prior Town approval.
- The dog park will be closed during cross country events.